Integrating robotic fabrication in the design response

The first sentence claims that China is facing a continual demand for housing. I am not sure what about Singapore, but China has millions of empty residential. In underdeveloped regions where housing is needed, high-rise may not be the best solution. Housing issue in China is very complicated.

By looking at the various tools the robots is capable of controlling and the various building forms the robots are able to modeling, I start to realize why they decide to employ robot to model. High-rises are consists of repetitive units, and the robots are not simply stacking them together, the tools attached are small fabrication machines.


I remember when our group was doing the pinhead assignment, at that frustrating moment, I start to compare the robot to a stapler. No feed nails needed, no script needed, pin in and deform the pin simutainesly, and very accurate. Now I see a robot as the best craftsman with all the tools he needs. By reading this article I start to realize the potential of robots, and I am very interested in designing tools for robots now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

More

Whats Hot