Changing building site response

It surprised me that Japan used assembly line to produce houses as manufactory product at such an early time. But when I think about Japan has always been the pioneer of robots, meanwhile that Japan has small house conventions, this makes a lot more sense.

I have seen a house manufacture cooperation in the United States. The firm provides floor plan layouts, material options, family preference etc. Customers make decisions and buy a house from this firm nothing different than shopping in Target. After the customers place the order, the firm sends a special truck with a couple of assemble operator, and they are able to assemble this house on a open site in one day. Basically they fold the house and load on the truck, after unfolding, the house is finished, has ventilation system, electrical system and ready to use.

This is quite amazing, but I start to think about to have a robot making a house, the level of design must be missing somehow. Not to say that customers have limited options to “personalize” their house, in terms of manufacture, the houses produced has to designed to match the way their robots work. Skyscrapers may need tracks that allow the robots to move, cabinets may have to be in a specific location, otherwise the robot cant install them. I still prefer a scenario that people “design” their own houses. Not everyone is architect, but everyone can be the architect of their own houses.


I am also fascinated by the fact that robots can produce living units on flow lines. When I prefer houses to be really personalized, me, as a student, on the other hand agree apartments being massively produced has a lot of advantages, and I would like to live in one of those.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

More

Whats Hot