authoring robotic processes response

Finally this article shows some example of building architecture in real scale and real building material with robots. Granted, using small flying robots and simply stacking bricks is a tricky way, since the same way would not work if the building is taller or need further fabrication. But this is still a very example, works could hardly get 20,000 bricks exactly the way they are supposed to be stacked.


Before the robots were being used in architecture, there are not a lot of repetitive forms because they are labor intensive/ tedious etc. But now because there is the existence of digital technology, it seems to me many architects are lost. They are not doing what is necessary, instead, they are doing what their tools do best. Like everyone get a fascinating new toy, and they just want to play with this toy until everyone get bored. I agree every geometry repeat 1000 times looks pretty and I agree that having a robot finish a tedious task very fast 10000 times is cool. But when I really think about it, I don’t get why everyone is doing this. If I accept the preset that you can only use stacking, and the material must be bricks, using robots is the best way. But if I ask is the porous wall really necessary? No replacement? There is probably other alternatives. I think trying to use robots do what they are good at and identify them just as tools rather than guides is key to us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

More

Whats Hot