models protoypes archetypes response



This article answers why the construction of the Temple Sagrada Familia has been take so long. At first I read this like an interesting story, but when I really think about it, I feel a little scary.

The author first talks about 3d print. When I first heard of this technology, I just thought it is a easier/ expensive way to make models. However soon after that when I knew that human organs can be print, and fatal weapons can be printed, I realized that it is not as simple as a printer. That night I literally dreamed that a 3d printer printed another 3d printer and then their entire “family”, and then they printed organs and weapons for themselves, and then I woke up. It was a scary dream, but not a ridiculous dream. It is good 3d print sometimes make modeling easier, and it could be really nice if the technology could save lives. Being able to print pistols is not a terrible thing, many people know how to make weapons, but being able to produce machines or themselves is something new. The number of machines and product could increase exponentially.

I am having an unconventional studio this semester, we make organic forms, using maya. The process of fabricating Passion façade makes me rethink the point of making irregular shapes. When designing for studio project, my default setting is that don’t worry about how it will be made, the technology now is very strong, and anything can be made. That assumption is probably wrong, In the column complete image I can still see parallel cut mark left by the fabrication process. I think I will ask my instructor how the organic form be physically produced next studio time.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

More

Whats Hot